- Gentle manipulation that helps restore normal range of motion and removes restrictions in the joints.
- Asymmetry of back musculature & tone could be suggestive of muscle spasm- a common condition that is responsive to chiropractic treatment.
Is conservative spine care, rehab/exercise programs for injuries, fitness, and/or sports specific needs. manual therapy- including myofascial release and stretching.
- Neuromuscular re-education- during the initial/early phases of care we emphasize "proprioceptive" exercises. Proprioception is defined as the ability to sense the location, position, and movement of the body and its parts. This ensures stability and a better outcome, with less associated problems in the future.
- Therapeutic exercises are prescribed to address each patient's needs, and restore normal biomechanics & function.
- Sports specific progressive strengthening & stretching.
Physical Therapists are experts in the treatment of musculoskeletal and neuro-muscular disorders. At the Texas Institute of Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine, we help patients restore mobility, maximize function, and resolve pain and from orthopedic and neurologic conditions.
- Sports Injuries
- Neck & Back Pain
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Repetitive Use Injuries
- Gait & Balance Impairments
- Chronic Pain Management
- Pre & Post-Operative Surgical Rehabilitation
- Neurological Disorders
At Labrada Chiropractic, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Houston office.
We provide spinal correction utilizing gentle chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Lourdes Labrada has years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each patient is a whole person, and helping them reach true health and wellness is a collaborate effort between our professionals and our patients.
We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you? Do you know how these supplements and vitamins interact with one another? Lourdes Labrada can provide a structured nutritional program based on your individual needs.
Massage therapy offers a natural conservative treatment approach that relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Our office provides specific massage and muscular therapy that is tailored to meet the patient's condition and injury. The benefits of massage therapy may include increasing blood circulation, reducing swelling, relaxing muscles, relieving muscle pain and spasms, and aid in recovery and range of motion.
Spinal & Postural Screenings
Posture and spinal screenings can reveal important health information and unlock the door to improved health and well-being. We provide screenings at area malls, community events, health fairs and places of employment. Contact us today to arrange a screening at your event or workplace.